I have been a fan of Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers since the fall of 2010, when a friend of mine told me to listen to them. I obliged, and within a few minutes of YouTubing a few of their songs, I had gone to their website to order their newest album at the time, Glassjaw Boxer. Though this is a relatively new band in my repertoire (they started in 2003.. I'm behind the times, apparently), it was like a whirlwind romance, as my love grew quickly for the music of these Massachusetts natives. Glassjaw Boxer has insightful lyrics, many written by Stephen Kellogg, expressing his love for his family, and a clear American folk-rock influence.
Nicole's Top 10 SK6ERS Lyrics (Mostly from "Glassjaw Boxer" and "Gift Horse", in no particular order):
1. "She was on fire and wild and American"
2. "Brown-eyed actress" (I'm sure you can't guess why on Earth I'd like that one)
3. "Did you ever think that, maybe, if you're not happy, it's because of you?"
4. "And I'll wear your memory underneath my shirt like an Indian tattoo"
5. "It's okay in the clouds, but I love it, right here, with my feet on the ground"
6. "She's got a sun kissed smile that the winter won't go near. And her hips could shake a mountain and her lips could start a fire."
7. "Call it artistic or agnostic, altruistic, now I've lost it. This uncertainty just gets to me."
8. "I don't have the time for your nostalgia or your criticisms. You live and learn.. me, well, I learn to let go."
9. "With a fierce disposition like the beat of a drum, you get hurt more than others but you had more fun"
10. Umm and the entire song, "Noelle, Noelle"
I would simply like to share my love for life with you-- be it inspirational music, photography, written word, joyous works by local artists, theatre and independent films, travel, community outreach projects, silly musings and adventures, or little things I've learned along the way. All categories are open for discussion! If there's something you'd like to hear more about, just ask!